Last summer, when we went out to Nebraska to ride, I had some trouble with my Warrior. While riding in Headworks Park, the bike just didn’t want to run. When the problems first started I pulled the choke out, and it would run a little better. A few minutes later it stopped running completely. After some inspection we discovered that the rubber intake manifold had cracked.
Attempts to wire the carb to the engine just didn’t work out and my riding was done for the week.
Once we got home, i called our www.portableacnerd.com and I got on good old eBay and ordered me up a brand new, heavy duty replacement. I don’t remember the cost off hand, but around $30. Had a couple challenges putting it on. Both ends of the manifold are the same bolt pattern, but it they are rotated in relation to each other. I bolted the engine side to the carb, and then couldn’t figure out why it was at such a weird angle. Got that fixed, and the holes on the carb side were a little small for the studs. Had to take my drill and expand them a bit, not sure what the story was on that.
While replacing this I discovered that I was missing three of the four motor mount bolts, a common problem with the Warrior. The probably cause of the failure of the manifold was excessive engine vibration. Had to go get some bolts and lock nuts to fix this.
Our next outing, the trip to Red Feather with Jed, ended up being the FIRST (and so far only) TIME since purchasing the Warrior that it came back from a trip without a breakdown. Hopefully I’m getting close to having all of the bike’s issues worked out.